Timbre strings are the most beautiful sounding and versatile strings
Warchal has made so far utilizing all of their expensive knowledge and
experience. They combine a warm gut-like sound and response with the
extra projection and stability that synthetic strings are known deliver.
The Warchal Timbre series is distributed only by a select network of
luthiers and repairers and I am very proud to participate in their network.
Free installation is included.
Here is an overview of the available singles:
- The G string offers the greater range of overtones that we admire, for
instance, in many Old Italian instruments. It gives you both depth and
brilliance at the same time. This is why it is suitable for almost every
- The D string projects well and responds clearly at every dynamic.
Hydronalium is not used in the outer winding which means that there
isn't a problem with corrosion caused by perspiration allowing for
greater longevity than other strings. The set is well balanced and there
is no drop in projection on the D string.
- You can choose from two different A strings:
- The synthetic A gives improved tone and response
- The metal A combines the best qualities of the Russian A and Avantgarde.
There is a short helix in the bowed area similar that found in Warchal
helix E strings
- The E string utilizes Warchal's legendary helix invention that makes
the tone warmer and prevents whistling. The tension is precisely
balanced to provide both playability as well as projection.